VMware There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \DeviceHarddisk1\DR3
A colleague reported that his VMware workstation virtual machine failed to power on with the error “there is not disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \DeviceHarddisk1\DR3”.
All the attempts to power on the virtual machine failed. At last we did a Windows file search and located the “favorites.vmls” file which then moved from its original location to a temporary backup folder and remove from the original location.
Steps that were performed
1) Windows search find the problematic file “favorites.vmls” inside C:\Users\MMathew\AppData\Roaming\VMware
2) Copied it to a backup folder and deleted it from the original location.
3) Powered ON the VMware virtual machine.
This time we were able to start the virtual machine.
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013