Virus Protection Tips – Prevent Virus Infections On Windows Machines
A computer virus is a computer program that can copy itself and infect a computer without the permission or knowledge of the owner. The term “virus” is also commonly but erroneously used to refer to other types of malware, adware, and spyware programs that do not have the reproductive ability. A true virus can only spread from one computer to another (in some form of executable code) when its host is taken to the target computer.
Machines which have infected with virus will shows slow repsonse to applications. It will created security issues like sending our data to another network. Sending data like credit card details to other network will help the hacker to withdraw all the balance from our accounts.
Here i like to share some tips to prevent virus infection on windows machine.
1. Install the machine with fresh Operating System. Installation should be done using the original windows cd. Copied OS cd might contain infected files. Burning cd from virus infected machines will also cause infection.
2. Once the machine is newly installed, update the OS with the latest service packs and packages. This will help us to keep the virus and security holes away from the computer.
3. Alway keep the Firewall on. This block external attacks.
4. Install the OS with a good Antivirus Software. Cracked Anti virus software will not help much, instead it will cause issue.
5. Update the Anti virus software frequently and check the status. Run full scan on the system. If the anti virus software fail to update properly it will make us a headache. Checking on the updation date will help us to make sure the updation progress.
6. Create a simple user without any Administration privilege. Using the normal user will help to prevent unwanted installations or executions on the system.
7. Login into the normal user and work. If we need any installer to run use ‘Run As’ to install the application.
8. Keep clean the recycle bin and temp folder.
9. If you are not sure do not open any email attachments, they might have virus infection.
10. Don’t run on line scan from untrusted sites.
11. Don’t let untrusted installer to run from your machine.
12. Don not give your email password to any sites. This will cause spaming to your contacts.
13. Scan properly the usb devices before using.
14. Disabling the auto run facility will help to prevent the execution of virus from usb’s cd’s ..
Care full use of your machine will prevent from virus infections.
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013