Skype is one of the most powerful chatting software used commonly. The software’s appearance and its options attract users. We experience good voice and video clarity through Skype chatting.
Most of the users have multiple Skype ids. If we look into a family or business there might have multiple Skype accounts. It common practice to have multiple Skype account for various purposes e.g.: Business, Personal etc.. No one would like to mix their personal pressure with Business or so on. In such cases Multiple Skype accounts will come in role.
I would like to explain, how we can configure multiple Skype account in the same desktop?
Steps to Configure Multiple Skype Account in Same Desktop
If you have already done with first two steps, go directly to 3rd step.
- Download and install Skype Chatting software.
- Create Multiple Skype accounts.
- Locate the Skype installation location (Default Skype installation location is “C:Program FilesSkypePhone”).
- Go to “C:Program FilesSkypePhone” -> Right click Skype.exe and create shortcut.
- Rename the new Skype shortcut. Right now we have multiple Skype icons in our desktop.
- Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
- Change the Target path to “C:Program FilesSkypePhoneSkype.exe” /secondary
- Click Apply and then Click on OK.
- Double click on each individual Skype icons and enter your multiple Skype accounts.
- We are now configured Multiple Skype account in single desktop. The Multiple Skype logins are found in the system Tray.
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013