vCenter generates logs for its actions. These logs are useful to monitor the vCenter server health and its functions.
Through vSphere client we can view and analysis all these logs. These logs helps us to troubleshoot any vCenter related issues.
To view the logs,
1. Login in vCenter using vSphere client.
2. Click System Logs, from the Home page.
3. The System Log tab shows us all the different level of events.
We can export the system logs for a detail analysis and even we have an option to search through the entire logs for a certain keyword.
– Melbin Mathew
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013