We can easily integrate Windows Active Directory Service with VMware ESXi server. This helps us to manage the entire ESXi sever user permissions using a centralized authentication mechanism.
We can create different security distribution groups for managing the ESXi server. The user permissions can be assigned to a single virtual machine or to the entire server or to any virtual machine resource pools.
This will give us a great deal of flexibility to maintain and assign user permission / role in ESXi environment.
Let see, how we can integrate Active Directory Service with VMware ESXi server.
1. Select the ESXi host and Go to Configuration tab.
· Select Authentication Services and Click on Properties
2. Select the directory server to Active Directory and enter the domain name.
· Provide administrator account user name and password. Click on Join Domain.
3. Verify the whether the ESXi server is joined correctly to the Active directory domain service.
ESXi host is now a member of Active directory. The user’s roles, assignments and permission are now centralized managed.
– Melbin Mathew
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013