VMware ESX/ESXi server monitoring feature will generate Alarms with regards to the Hardware failures and other resources high usages. The VMware ESX server uses a specific set of predesigned alarms to notify us the problems. Thus we can suddenly review the alarms and take appropriate actions.
Obviously there might some alarms that are generated with our knowledge eg: high end application installation in a virtual machine might trigger HIGH CPU usage etc.
At normal conditions, if the underlying issue has been resolved, after sometime VMware ESX server will review the triggered alarm.
We can acknowledge and reset the alarm using the following steps,
Navigate to the Alarm Tab and
1. Right Click the alarm and select Acknowledge Alarm.
2. Right Click the alarm and Reset Alarm to Green.
Investigating and resolving each alarm will provide us an error free ESX environment.
– Melbin Mathew
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013