How to Enable SSH and Other Ports/Protocols in ESXi 5.0.0 through vSphere Client
To enable the required VMwaer ESXi Services from vSphere client
1. First login to the ESXi server with vSphere client and then select the configuration tab of the ESXi server. Go to services properties of the ESXi 5.0.0 server and choose the required service to enable.
2. Select the service (SSH) that need to configured and click the Options to configure the running mode of the VMware ESXi 5.0.0 services
3. The VMware ESXi services running state can be configured as per the requirement, to start the service select the start and then click start
Even the services are running the VMware ESXi service ports need to be opened to access the service, also we might need to block specific IP range to access the server that can be configured through the Firewall Ports setting of VMware ESXi Configuration tab.
To enable the required Firewall ports,
1. Go to server configuration tab and select Firewall Properties
2. Select the service (SSH) port to be opened and click Firewall. On the next windows configure the access points (IP address that need to allowed/blocked to the service) as per the requirement,
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013