How to Change the Network Adapter Priority in Windows to Help Website/Internet/VPN Access
Sometimes we may face a situation like, the website might not be accessible if the system is connected to a VPN or we may not able to access the websites hosted under VPN network, in such cases we can change the priority of the network adapters.
These are the steps followed in Windows Operation systems to change the priority of network adapters.
1. Close all the applications (Browsers, Outlook etc..) and disconnect if there any VPN connections.
2. Go to Window Start -> Run and type the command “ncpa.cpl”
This will open the control panel network connections manager.
3. Determine which network adapter we need to configure as high priority. All the bandwidth and website resolution will be consulted to the higher priority adapter than the lower prior ones.
In my case, “Local Area Connection” is my default adapter through which internet is connected to the system and other network adapter is used for various purposes like Cisco adapter for VPN connection, Wireless for connecting with wireless hub in home/office etc.
4. On the Network Connection window, hit the keyboard “ALT+T” simultaneously. The will display the advance network adapter options.
Select the Advance settings from the network connection manager. There we can change the network adapter settings.
5. Change the priority of the network adapter, set the system default adapter to the prior one than the other network adapters.
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013