How to assign static IPv4 static IP Address on a Windows Computer
Whenever I travel with my laptop between the Office and home computer networks, sometime I need to manually assign IP address to computer LAN adapter despite of using the DHCP auto IP address.
Simple step is to Go to Windows -> RUN and type ncpa.cpl to show up the network adapters and then edit the IPv4 as per needed.
1. Go to Windows -> Run and type ncpa.cpl
2. Choose the network adapter and right click to choose the properties.
3. Select TCP/IP and assign desired IP address and Gateway that matches the network.
4. Click Ok to Finish the setup.
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013