How To Add/Configure Network Printer On Windows PC
A printer which is connected on a network is called network printer. The printer have assigned with a static ip address. All the communication between the printer and computer are done using this ip addresses.
We cannot able to add all printers to the network. To to add a printer to a network, it must have Ethernet port and it’s functions. Commonly we use print servers to manage and share the printer. Where the printer server is the machine on which the printer driver and software is installed.
Using network printer helps,
* Direct communication between printer and computer.
* It won’t affect the print service if the print server is down.
* Network printer itself provide buffering.
* Faster than print server.
* No need to access share.
* We can directly plug our laptop or computer into the network for printing.
* Guest users are restricted to use our network shares.
Adding HP Laser Jet 1220 series and similar network printers can be done using these steps.
Select Printer and Faxes from control panel or start menu.
Click on “Add a Printer”
Select Local Printer attached to this computer and Uncheck Automatically detect and install my plug and play printer.
Create a new port using TCP/IP
Press Next to continue
Enter network printer ip address. Make sure the printer is turned on
Press Finish button.
Select printer driver from windows default driver library.
If needed change the printer name.
Take a test page.
If the machine already have a default printer. Next windows ask for setting this HP printer as default one.
Now we are ready to take printouts.
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013