Booting Hiren’s CD From USB Drive Flash Drive
We can boot Hiren’s “All IN One CD” from our USB Drive. The steps are follows,
- Insert the USB Flash drive into the system.
- Backup all the contents from the drive. We need to format the drive.
- Format the drive with FAT 32 files system.
- Download “Grub4dos.zip” from the link.
- Extract the Grub4dos download and double click on “grubinst_gui.exe”.
Select the Flash drive and Whole disk (MBR) option. Press Install button.
- We need to copy the file contents (menu.lst, grldr, docs) from Grub4dos extract folder location to removal flash drive.
- Download Hiren’s ISO file from the link and extract all the contents to removal disk. We need to use decompression software like WinRaR to extract all the contents of the ISO to the removal flash drive.
- Reboot and Enable USB booting in BIOS.
I am Melbin Mathew, Systems Engineer from Kerala, India. I live with my parents, daughter and my wonderful wife. I graduated in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Hardware from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and completed certification in MCITP, RHCE, CCNA, VCP ...Read More
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013