Copy Paste and Clipboard Not Working in Windows Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) to and from Local Computer/System
We feel easy to work if the copy paste facility is enabled in the Windows Remote Desktop Connection. The feature uses Windows Clipboard functions, this function need to be enabled while connecting with remote Windows computers.
Remote desktop connection allow two different ways of copy paste,
1. Content copy paste, where you can copy a file or folder directly to the remote desktop connection. This can be achieved by mounting of Local Hard Drives to the remote Windows system.
Go to Windows -> Run -> mstsc.exe -> Local Resources -> More -> Check the Local drives
2. Copy paste of clipboard contents, where you can copy a content (notepad text) from and towards the through Windows remote desktop connection. This function works with the Clipboard feature of the remote desktop connection, the Clipboard need to be enabled from remote desktop connection before we connect to the Windows remote machine.
Go to Windows -> Run -> mstsc.exe -> Local Resources -> Check Clipboard
Latest posts by Melbin Mathew (see all)
- VMware virtual IDE to virtual SCSI hard disk conversion steps – Windows XP - August 6, 2015
- Stop Error “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - August 5, 2015
- Error installing Windows server role and feature required for the Exchange 2010 - December 3, 2013