Backup and Restore function from Windows Control Panel helps us to backup the entire operating system and applications. The backup is stored as System Image.
At any point of time we are able to revert our Operating System to a previous state. If our system faces any serious errors or hard disk failures, System Image restoration has a good role to restore our system with limited time.
Restoring from the System Image will overwrite all the present Windows Files and Folders.
- Go to Control Panel and Select Backup and Restore.
- It is highly recommended to “Create a system repair disk” before proceeding with this task. Insert a blank CD/DVD disk and Select the proper CD/DVD drive from the drop down. Once we have selected the drive Click “Create Disk” button.
- Select “Create a System Image”
- Select the storage location where we need to backup this newly created System Image.
Choosing external backup media/location is far better to avoid any kind of data loss.
- Confirm your backup settings and Click “Start Backup” Button
If we are selecting the same storage location/path, Any existing system images for this machine might overwrite.
- System Image creation successfully completed.
- Go to Control Panel -> Backup and Restore and “Select Recover System Settings or Your Computer”
- Select “Advance Recovery Methods”
- Select “Use a System Image”
- Select Backup Files and Folder
- Once finished with backup process, Click “Restart Button”.
The system will starts rebooting and boots to Recovery Menu. We need to select the proper System Image from the console.
Keep the system recovery disk in our hand, sometimes we need his help.
The Restoration process will take time, which depends on the backup size and system configuration.